Celebrate color and lively, contemporary appliqué when you make this dazzling series quilt, a gorgeous Splash of Color!
The Splash of Color Design Collection is a 6-part series quilt, featured in each issue of McCall’s Quilting magazine in 2016. The first 5 installments in the series provide instructions for making the appliqué blocks and pieced units, with printed templates for completing the appliqué blocks with hand or machine appliqué. The final installment includes instructions for quilt assembly, quilting and finishing.
The GO! Heather Feather #2 die (#55088 – for the small and large hearts), the GO! Heather Feather Border die (#55414) and the GO! 2″ 3″ 5″ Circle die (#55012) can be used to cut all appliqué shapes.
Finish your quilt with greater ease by using the Splash of Color Design Collection with your embroidery machine to complete each appliqué block.
Each appliqué block can be finished in two ways:
- Use the basic embroidery designs to add a gorgeous edge finishing stitch to your appliqué shapes and highlight the bold designs in the Transformation fabric.
- Use the embroidered appliqué designs with solid fabrics to show off the gorgeous thread-work in the designs.
Purchase the Splash of Color Design Collection as a bundle, or purchase each block individually.
Splash of Color Design Collection Bundle
Splash of Color Design Collection digital download:
$75 Special Bundled Price $67.50
Blocks A and B will be delivered immediately.
The remaining blocks will be delivered as follows: Block C: 3/25/2016; Block D: 5/25/2016; Block E: 7/25/2016
Each installment contains:
- Basic embroidery designs for the block.
- Embroidered appliqué designs for the block.
- A block layout page to color.
- SVG files to use with your electronic cutting machine (e.g. Silhouette Cameo; Brother Scan N Cut)
Designs are available in the following formats:
- ART, ART70, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PCS, PES, VP3, XXX
Each block can be stitched in a 5″ x 7″ or larger hoop.
The bundle also contains:
- A quilt layout page to color.
- An invitation to a “Getting Started” webinar (Scheduled for January 2016).
You will need to purchase each issue of the magazine in 2016 for fabric requirements, cutting instructions and quilt construction instructions.
Block A – Part 1 (Jan/Feb 2016 issue)
Block B – Part 2 (March/April 2016 issue)
Block C – Part 3 (May/June 2016 issue)
Block D – Part 4 (July/August 2016 issue)
Block E – Part 5 (September/October 2016 issue)
Join in the fun on Facebook!
As you’re creating your Splash of Color masterpiece, share your progress on Facebook! Click here to join to Splash of Color group.
Sarah will be making a second version of the quilt as 2016 progresses, using solid colored fabric and the embroidered appliqué version of the designs. Watch her progress on Facebook as she transforms the color scheme below into a work of art.